Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's a BOY!!!

We had our big ultrasound, and we were thrilled to find out that we're having a baby BOY!! I am so excited about this for lots of reasons:
1. I feel blessed to be the mommy of two boys
2. Brian was hoping for a boy, and now he gets to have two sons
3. Robert will have a built in best friend

I took a half day off of work because the ultrasound was in the morning. Afterwards, Brian and I called our families to share the big news and then we headed to work. That afternoon, we came home to a fun surprise! Liz had stopped by the house and brought blue "It's a BOY" balloons and cupcakes with blue icing (both of which Robert loved!!). It was so sweet and made us even more excited about another little boy in our family.

It's a BOY!!! Check out Robert's little hand with the balloon already tied around his wrist! He must be excited about having a little BROTHER!! :)

I guess I'm starting to see what it will be like juggling two kids. Right now, we're focused on Robert's ear infections (we're on numbers 7 and 8 right now- boo!!) and his upcoming ear tube surgery. I'm also planning his birthday party- party theme, invitations, activities, cake, etc. I still can't believe he's going to be 2 years old! Wow!! At the same time, I'm also starting to plan for Baby Thomas. Each week Brian is taking a picture of my ever-growing baby bump, well now I should just say big tummy,  and we're discussing nursery themes and furniture ideas (sailboats, trains, rockets/ space, ocean, jungle, etc.). I know life with two baby boys is going to be quite busy, but I always say that I would rather be busy than bored.

That afternoon, we took the puppy dogs for a walk around the fountains in our neighborhood. Robert kept that blue balloon with him all evening. I'm telling you- he must be excited about having a baby brother!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment