Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Robert!!

I cannot believe that my baby boy is already 2 years old! Everyone always tells you to enjoy every minute because they grow up so fast, and I totally think that's true. When I look back at the newborn pictures of Robert compared to now, it is truly amazing at how quickly he has changed and grown. He can now talk in complete sentences and has a personality of his own. He is happy and silly and has a wonderful sense of humor. He often bursts out laughing when he hears a noise that he thinks is funny or "sings" part of a song that he knows. When I start to sing along, his face lights up and he sings louder. I think that he has my eyes and Brian's body, and I always tell him that he's the cutest thing in the world! :)

Baby Robert- 2 weeks old

The week of his birthday, Joan came in to visit. Robert enjoyed time with "Bam-Ma" and loved sleeping on the Happy Birthday pillowcase she made for him! Just today, I heard him singing "Happy Birthday" to himself and I chimed in much to his surprise. His actual birthday fell on a Thursday and he wore his personalized Elmo shirt to pre-school and I sent cupcakes for his class to enjoy. That night, Liz came over and we celebrated. Joan brought a king cake (yumm- a real one from Louisiana, not the fake kind that they sell at our local Kroger), which has become somewhat of a tradition since she did it last year for his first birthday too. That would be a nice tradition to continue since his birthday will always be around Mardi Gras. Robert loved blowing out the candles and he really loved the cream filling inside the cake!

Happy 2nd Birthday to our sweet baby boy, Robert!

His birthday party was on the following Saturday, and he had a blast! The theme of the party was Sesame Street and we even rented a bounce house for the kiddos (well, I'll be honest, some of the adults got to bounce too!!). Last year, we did the same thing and Robert was terrified to go in, but this year he absolutely loved it. He climbed in by himself and had a ball! It was really fun to watch how all of the kids- ranging in a wide variety of ages- came together and played so nicely. It was especially sweet to watch some of the big kids helping the younger ones by making sure they were okay in the bounce house or opening juice boxes for them. My parents and Aunt Barbara drove in for the party, and it was so nice to have lots of family together to celebrate.

Robert opening up gifts

Bounce House fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment